Monday, March 12, 2012

Watch out boys.

Today consisted of me learning many things from the greatest man I know who is pictured below. He has so much patience with me and answered all my dumb, annoying questions. I thank my dear daddy for the wonderful day of Daddy-Daughter wonderfulness!

We started out with him teaching me the basics about my car (how to change a tire, check the oil and other fluids). Then he taught me how to clean out drains in the sink and the shower. When I mentioned I didn't own any tools to clean out said drains with I thought he might faint. So we took a little jaunt out to the cabinet shop and he loaded me up my own bag of tools...yay!
And here come the real reason I say WATCH OUT BOYS....The fam took a nice little outing to the gravel pits and shot a variety of guns. I got many pointers from the Pops and have improved my aim significantly. I also want to add that both of my parents are GREAT shots, spesh the pops.



We shot a bunch of rounds of shot guns (20 and 12 gauge). I thoroughly enjoyed that but true joy came when I found the gun of my dreams...a 30-30! This is me giving my Pops a high five after I blew up a water jug. His chuckle when I did so was thoroughly amusing. The picture below captures my true feelings while shooting the gun.


Lastly we shot the 9mm handgun and I will admit I have a lot of room to improve with a handgun...but I still look pretty alright with it in my hands right?

This is me receiving advice...willingly I might add.
Had to take a family photo for the day. I sure do love these guys! Glad we got to spend some quality time together this wonderful spring day.
You thought I had maxed out my learning capacity for the day didn't you??

 Next I got to clean the guns and I super loved this experience as well. My dad has a lot of what I like to call tricks to life. Some of them contained in the way he takes care of his guns. He has taught me to appreciate the value of such amazingly valuable things in life and for this I can never thank him enough. I hope to continue to learn these tricks to life so I can turn out to be half the individual he is.


I LOVED TODAY.

4 comments:

  1. K first of all I love the blog! Second...you have no idea how homesick u just made me!! I miss dad so much & I am so sad u guys went without me! Can we go Thursday when your here just so I don't feel left out anymore? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for shooting :) And now we are here so don't be sad love!

    ReplyDelete